The ANU Library strives to provide accessible, relevant resources and services in support of the University’s mission, goals and objectives.
2017 - 2019 Strategic Plan
GOAL I: Promote information literacy and critical thinking.
- Develop, expand and support a library liaison program to facilitate connection with students and faculty and enhance librarian expertise
- Actively participate with the curriculum committees and Library Advisory Board to garner input on the resources and services needed to support students and faculty
- Develop a longitudinal, information literacy curriculum comprised of modules that can be embedded in both general education and core program courses and delivered online
GOAL II: Create and maintain library collections that are responsive to the educational and programmatic needs of students and faculty. <!-[ANU Goals 3,4; Objectives 1,2,6]-->
- Evaluate existing article databases for accessibility, usability, and relevance; recommend changes or enhancements to the current suite of resources
- Expand electronic book offerings to support general education and discipline-specific needs, including materials that support interpersonal skills, empathy, and critical thinking
- Improve accessibility and usability of the ANU Library website to facilitate seamless access to library resources at a distance
GOAL III: Enhance the teaching and learning experience <!-[ANU Goals 3,4; Objectives 1,2,3,5]-->
- Support student success through the continued development of tutorials, research guides, the FAQ database, and other tools
- Build relationships and support educational activities by providing real-time assistance to students and faculty via chat and asynchronous assistance via tutorials and the ticket system
- Support professional development activities that expose librarians to teaching methodologies, discipline-specific resources, and tools or mechanisms to improve the delivery of library services and resources from a distance